On Monday I had my very first driving lesson, courtesy of Boyfriend. I understand it is unusual for anyone to be 27 years old and never having had a driving lesson before, but given I have Tourette’s I’ve always considered myself a danger to other motorists. However, if Boyfriend and I ever want to live in the area we want to live in NSW when we eventually buy a house, I have to learn to drive.
Anyway, it was only a 15 minute lesson and I got to drive around in circles! I also managed to park between the lines! Sure there was only a 10cm space on Boyfriends side of the car compared to my 50cm gap, but I was between the lines and that’s what’s most important!
It’s my birthday on Saturday. I’ve already had a celebratory lunch with my family that involved TACOS!!!!!! And lots of being paid out due my distaste for all things cake-y, especially Black Forest Cake.

The other day I decided to walk into the city from work – a 40 minute walk. Anyway, about 15 minutes into the walk I noticed the large, dark grey storm clouds slowly rolling across the city. About 25 minutes into the walk it started raining. By the time I was in the city there was thunder and lightning everywhere, my feet and shoes were soaked, and I was holding onto my umbrella for dear life despite its attempts to go fly away and go join in on some stormy fun.
By the time I got home (after a futile shopping attempt because shopping in Brisbane city is equitable to shopping in a… You know, there’s nothing comparable to it because it sucks that much) the storm had only just ended and so I take a step into my tiled home, promptly fall over, and hurt myself.
I haven’t been able to walk properly since as somehow I hurt my foot in the whole slipping and tripping over process.
The moral of the story: Don’t be healthy and walk anywhere or you’ll hurt your foot and not be able to walk anywhere anyway.
By the time I got home (after a futile shopping attempt because shopping in Brisbane city is equitable to shopping in a… You know, there’s nothing comparable to it because it sucks that much) the storm had only just ended and so I take a step into my tiled home, promptly fall over, and hurt myself.
I haven’t been able to walk properly since as somehow I hurt my foot in the whole slipping and tripping over process.
The moral of the story: Don’t be healthy and walk anywhere or you’ll hurt your foot and not be able to walk anywhere anyway.
That's cool, absolutely inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed yourself ^_^
ReplyDelete